When winter arrives, we naturally have a greater hunger for foods that are both warm and delicious. Gud, also known as jaggery, is one of these winter superfoods that has become synonymous with the season. It is easy to incorporate jaggery into our diet, whether it be in the form of a morning cup of tea or peanut chikki. Additionally, some individuals enjoy eating it alongside Makki ki roti and sarso ka saag.
Since jaggery has a high iron level and may be beneficial for the immune system, eating it throughout the winter may help one feel more energized.
The following is a list of the six incredible advantages of consuming jaggery:
1. Strengthens the immune system Jaggery contains a high concentration of antioxidants and vital minerals, both of which work to fortify the immune system and guard against the ill effects of the winter season.
2. A natural source of increased energy: Jaggery’s high iron content helps increase haemoglobin levels, which in turn helps combat fatigue and keeps you motivated throughout the winter season. Jaggery is a great natural source of energy.
3. Digestive aid: Jaggery supports healthy bowel movements, helps relieve constipation, and stimulates digestion, all of which are helpful during the winter months when digestion has a tendency to slow down.
4. High in iron content: Because jaggery is a natural source of iron, including it in one’s diet is a fantastic idea, particularly for individuals who are prone to iron shortage. Consuming on a consistent basis can help overcome the weariness that comes with winter.
5. Helps to maintain a healthy body temperature: It is believed that jaggery can assist in maintaining a healthy body temperature, which can contribute to feelings of warmth and comfort, particularly during the cooler months.
6. Rich in Nutrients: Jaggery, in addition to containing iron, also contains vital minerals such as magnesium and potassium, which contribute to the general nutritional well-being of the consumer.