Acidity or acid reflux is a common problem that most people face. Acid reflux creates a burning pain in the lower chest area, often after eating. However, the problem occurs when gastric glands produce an excess amount of acid than required for the digestion process.
Some common symptoms of acidity or acid reflux are:
- Heartburn: Unpleasant burning that may move from your stomach to your abdomen or chest, or even up into your throat.
- Regurgitation: When a sour or bitter tasting acid backs up into your throat or mouth during these times.
- Stomach Bloating is also a symptom. You can feel heaviness while lying down.
Here are some things that causes acidity:
- After eating large meals
- When we lie down right after taking a meal
- When a person is overweight or obese.
- After having a meal lying on your back or bending over at the waist also causes acidity.
- Adults have a habit of munching snacks close to bedtime which can lead to acidity.
- Even some certain foods create acidity, such as citrus, tomato, chocolate, mint, garlic, onions, or spicy or fatty foods.
- Drinking certain beverages, such as alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea can create health problems.
- Smoking is injurious to health is heard from everywhere but still if consumed during bed time can cause acidity.
- Pregnant ladies have to eat for two. Even sometimes they eat fast foods or other kinds of food which lead to acidity.
Here are some homes remedies to cure the acidity:
- Eat frequently in smaller proportions throughout the day. Make a chart plan where you modify the types of foods you eat.
- Quit smoking as soon as possible because it causes harm.
- Try to eat 2 to 3 hours before going to bed.
- If you want to take naps in the daytime then try to take it on a chair.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes or tight belts as they can tighten your stomach.
- Do exercise if you are overweight. Consult a nutritionist for your meals which will help you in losing excess weight.
- If you have any doubt then you can consult a doctor whether any medication is needed or you are feeling massive heartburn or other symptoms of acid reflux disease.