A dish of vibrant fruits is the best possible snack. They are not only rich, juicy, and wonderful to eat, but they are also quite healthy for you in general. The karonda, or carissa carandas as it is formally termed, is one of these healthy fruits.
It is a berry-sized fruit with a sour and somewhat acidic flavor that is frequently used in Indian pickles. Karondas “is filled with the potential of good effect on your health,” said nutritionist Lovneet Batra.
Here is why, in the expert’s opinion, you must incorporate them into your diet.
Aids in mental health
According to the dietician, regularly consuming karonda fruit can also assist to boost mental wellness. She said, “The presence of magnesium, together with the vitamins and tryptophan, serves to increase the creation of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which works towards improving general mental well-being.”
Inflammation is treated
Karondas “help decrease inflammation in the body and bring down discomfort caused by persistent illnesses or damage” due to its abundance of anti-inflammatory characteristics.
2. According to Ayurveda, it is an astringent and has the property of being a “diet-balancer”.
3. It can assist in treating anemia.
Karonda can strengthen immunity.
5. It has pectin, a soluble fiber that helps the intestines move, making it excellent for digestion.
6. Karonda can be used to control blood pressure.
7. It can also help reduce bodily inflammation.
8. Karonda is a meal that relieves stress because it is high in magnesium and the lesser-known amino acid tryptophan.