Giving away charity is very common among people but we barely expect it coming in from celebrities. People regard celebrities to be obsessed with their wealth but here are some down-to-Earth Indian celebrities who love doing charitable deeds:
1. Shraddha Kapoor: One among the most generous stars is Shraddha Kapoor. She expressed on media how grateful she is for her life while at the same time she is concerned about the poverty and hunger across the country. She made her donation of 6-lakh towards Akshay Patra Foundation which serves mid-day-meals to children in government schools all across 12 states in India.
2. Deepika Padukone: She is another down-to-Earth celebrity who is concerned about the welfare of people. She is the founder of The Live Love Laugh Foundation which helps deal with mental health problems like depression. She has also played a major role in spreading awareness about mental health across India.
3. Priyanka Chopra: This Indian beauty is the founder of The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education. Of her earnings, she donates 10% which is utilized for funding the health and education of 70 children.
4. Rajnikanth: The superstar of South India is said to have donated INR 10 crore for Chennai Flood Reliefs. It is also known that he donates 50% of his income for other charitable works.
5. Amitabh Bachchan: The most famous Bollywood star is said to have kept all his charitable deeds secret. As pera press release, he donated INR 25 lakh for upliftment of girl child in India.
Charity is a noble deed. If we possess wealth more than we need, we should donate it to people who require it more than us. Nina Hagen has rightly remarked- “Do some selfless service for people who are in need. Consider the whole picture, not just our little selves.”