Covid-19 vaccines are manufactured from the same pathogens that cause infections, and they help you develop immunity without deteriorating your health. However, after getting vaccinated, some people have come through the minor health complications including fever, headache, fatigue pain, muscle pain and diarrhoea.
Make sure that you don’t experience any instant reactions after taking the shot. Severe reactions, immediately after the shot are rare, but you have to take care of it.
Keep one thing in mind that after countering with minor health complications, don’t panic. But if these health problems stayed for more than 2-3 days, then immediately visit the doctor.
Don’t take chance of missing your second dose of Covid-19 vaccine after getting the first dose. Health experts say that your body generates antibody response to build effective and lasting immunity only after you take both shots of the vaccine.
Doctors said that after getting Covid-19 vaccine shot you don’t develop immunity against coronavirus infection immediately.
Usually body takes around two to three weeks for defence system to fight against the deadly infection after you complete the two-dose vaccination.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that you can contract Covid-19 infection even after getting jabbed. Vaccination protects you from severe illness. Therefore, you must continue adhering to virus appropriate behaviour.
Things to keep in mind before getting jabbed:
- At vaccination centres, the staffs require you to wait in the facility for 30 minutes after getting vaccinated to watch for any immediate side effects.
- While going for vaccinations try to wear a loose, short-sleeved garment to make it easy for the nurses or doctors to vaccinate you as per comfort zone.
- Make sure that if you are due for any other routine vaccination, reschedule it for 14 days between that routine vaccine and your Covid-19 vaccine.
Things to keep in mind after getting jabbed:
- After the injection, apply a clean, cool washcloth over the arm where you got injected.
- Do a movement of arm at regular interval and even some arm exercises of lighter-weight.
- Drink plenty of fluids for next two to three days.
- Immunity-boosting foods are specifically advised for a speedy recovery. It is advised to have foods including anti-inflammatory properties.
- Intake of alcohol may make your health unpleasant.