Body mass index (BMI) measures body fat which gives you accurate results whether you are underweight, have normal weight, or are overweight. It uses your weight, height, and age to give you a healthy range. If your BMI is less than 18.5, you are underweight and you urgently need to gain weight as underweight people get several health problems.
If you don’t want to join a gym or any other class to gain weight then you must try this diet plan which will give you good results in a few months.
However, to start with, you need to eat more that your routine meals. For example, if you used to take three big meals in a day, now you have to take six meals with a gap of 2-3 hours but in light proportion so that your body consumes more calories and tummy stays full.
Then, for with the breakfast, you can include these thinks in meal:
- Protein shakes- You can buy protein according to your requirement and budget and mix it with high fat milk.
- Milk- You can have simple fat milk or add some chocolate, sugar, or convert into a smoothie which will include more calories and fat and helps to gain weight.
- Dry fruits- Eat handfuls of almonds, walnuts and other dry fruits as they are rich in fats, carbohydrates good for gaining weight.
- Peanut butter- Take 2 to 3 slices of bread and peanut butter on it.
- Eggs- One of the best sources of protein is eggs which have healthy fat and the yolk part contains nutrients.
- Rice- Eat rice with dal or gravy for lunch as it makes your appetite full.
- Yogurt- Full-fat yogurt can also provide protein and nutrients. You can add slices of fruits in it to make it tastier.
- Cheese- Cheese is counted in a source of fat, protein, calcium, and calories. A person trying to gain weight should eat a full-fat cheese sandwich in the evening.
- Chocolates- You can eat dark chocolate bars or protein bars as a snack.
- Pasta- Pasta provides the body carbohydrates and the calories for weight gain.
- Salads- Add nutrition-rich foods like salads from the menu because they’re low in calories but good for health. If you add toppings of olives, cheese or slices of fruits in it then it is healthier.
- Red meat- Red meat is a better source of protein rather than chicken, so if you are looking to gain eight then eat red meat.