Blood pressure is the force at which blood pumps from the heart into the arteries. A normal blood pressure reading is less than 120/80 mm Hg. Blood pressure is known as a silent killer, which usually doesn’t cause symptoms until some major damage is caused to the heart.
High blood pressure (also referred to as HBP or hypertension) is when your blood pressure is consistently too high.
Adapt these changes in your lifestyle to control hypertension.
- Exercise – Fitness is very important for health especially when you are suffering from health problems. Exercise 30 to 60 minutes daily which include brisk walk, yoga, stretching if possible.
- Drink water – Try to drink 10 to 12 glasses of water throughout a day. As it helps in digestion, lowers your blood pressure.
- Avoid stress- In this materialistic world everyone has numerous tensions which is also a cause of health problems. Blood pressure is among them which get higher by taking stress for the whole day. As we know we have emotional stress, financial stress, and job stress in life but try to fix it as soon as you can.
- Eat a healthy diet – Fruits and vegetables are counted on top of the chart of healthy diet. Fruits like apple, bananas are very good for your health.
- Quit Smoking – If you are habitual of smoking then you have to quit as this habit will worsen your health problem.
- Eliminate Alcohol from your diet – Alcohol is not good for BP patients so you have to avoid it especially when your BP is quite higher than normal.
- Reduce salt – Try to avoid the dishes which are made in excess salt because intake of sodium also leads to the increase of blood pressure.
- Eat Dark chocolate and Cocoa powder at intervals
- Lose Weight – If your weight is excess than required then you must work on losing weight. Exercise daily and work on your diet plan.
- Eat Yogurt – A person having blood pressure issues must take yogurt in either breakfast or lunch. Yogurt is rich in health as it has minerals in it.
- Spices – Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger are some spices which are very beneficial for your health. Ginger tea can be taken in the evening with some snacks. Try to add cinnamon and cardamom in your dishes as a medicine.